How well do you know about the Search Engine Optimization subject? If you are here, it means that you are curious about this topic. You must have at least heard this from someone or read from somewhere that is useful to your current project. And the ones that love to tackle about this subject are businesses that are learning their trade and at the same time venture into eCommerce.
You cannot deny at this point that Search Engine Optimization, also known as SEO, is insignificant. Seeing that most people all over the world are connecting themselves online, it is also time for the business industry to adapt, too.
What is SEO?
SEO is a collection of rules that a website owner must follow so that it will optimize their sites for the search engines and improve their rankings in the search results page. Added to that, it is also another way in increasing the website’s quality by turning them into a user-friendly, more convenient and faster page to navigate.
Why is it Important?
If you take a look at the competitive market today, you’ll immediately realize how important SEO is. Just base it on the definition defined above – optimizing your website that it will be recognized by the search engine. Most internet users today use the search engine as their medium to find something, whether this is a certain topic on their research paper, a particular product, location, service, etc. It is the fastest way for internet users to find what they are looking for. The more hits your websites get, the more your website’s rankings will go up. The best place to land in the SERPs or Search Engine Results Page is the first page, meaning that your website or a page of your website is the most relevant to the user’s search.
Other things that you’d get from a good practice with SEO rules are as follows:
- The first five suggestions on the first page are the ones highly likely to be clicked by the users whenever they are searching for something.
- SEO is not only about enhancing your website or web pages’ ranking. It also aids in making user usability and experience better.
- Users have faith in search engines and getting the presence in the topmost positions for the keywords search that the user used, increases the trust rating on the web site.
- SEO is nice for promoting your website, too. People that are able to find your website through Yahoo or Google search are highly likely going to promote it in various social media network sites like Twitter, Facebook and Google+.
- Another reason why SEO is very important is that it puts you and your website ahead in the competition. If there are 2 websites that are selling the same thing, the web sites that are well optimized for search engines are likely to gather more visitors, customers and generate more sales.
If you are a complete beginner of SEO and want to optimize your website, you can either study the basics first or hire a professional to do it for you.